Ethernet cables are among the most critical technology products of our times. Its ability to connect us through the Internet is an indispensable capability. Because of this, manufacturers had placed utmost importance on selling their brand of cables with their own Cat 7 cable prices.
However, finding the proper and best cat 7 ethernet cable for your specific use can be difficult. It requires thorough research and inquiry regarding the products that you have chosen. Thus, I’ve decided to curate this list of reliable ethernet cables that I’ve used in the past.
Outlined are some of the factors that must be taken into consideration when looking for an ethernet cable:
- Compatibility: Evidently, the product that you must buy is rated to be compatible with almost every modern device. For instance, the best cables can be plugged into modems, servers, desktops, laptops, smart TVs, and even printers. Likewise, highly-compatible cat 7 cables are rated to be TIA/EIA 568-B.2, ETL, and RoHS cable standard compliant
- Bandwidth Rate: Cat 7 cables can send over data transmission signals of up to 10 Gbps at a bandwidth rate of 600 MHz. Hence, you should check if the cable you’re about to buy falls into this range of speed support.
- Materials Used: The toughest and most durable cat 7 cables utilize PVC material for its exterior jacketing and aluminum foiling in the interior to prevent any sort of damage and signal interference from seeping through the cable.
Though these outlined factors are important to learn, I’ve outlined more below in the buying guide portion of the article. Given this, I recommend that you read through this product review.
Table of Contents
- Best Cat 7 Ethernet Cable Reviews
- 1. UGREEN Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
- 2. Jadaol Shielded Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
- 3. DanYee Nylon Braided 10ft High Speed Cat 7 Network Cable
- 4. VANDESAIL CAT7 Network Cable
- 5. AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat 7 High-Speed Ethernet Cable
- 6. MATEIN Cat7 Ethernet Cable
- 7. CableGeeker Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
- 8. DEFACE Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
- 9. BUSOHE CAT 7 Ethernet Cable
- 10. ShineKee Outdoor Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
- 11. Ultra Clarity Cables Cat7 Ethernet Cable
- What to Look for When Buying Cat 7 Ethernet Cables
- What is the Difference Between Cat 7 and Cat 8 Ethernet Cables
- Is Cat 7 Ethernet Cable Good for Gaming
- Do you Lose Internet Speed with a Longer Ethernet Cable
Best Cat 7 Ethernet Cable Reviews
1. UGREEN Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
UGreen’s Cat 7 RJ 45 ethernet cord is universally compatible with a wide swath of electronic devices. From my experience, the product had no trouble connecting to gaming consoles — such as the Playstation and Xbox devices, local area network gizmos, computers, and others more.
I like how the cable’s reinforced with a durable shielding that prevents external interference from messing with the signals carried by the Cat 7 cord. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that even the interior core filaments of the cable were also augmented with shielded twisted pairs.
I starkly took notice of the product’s distinct silhouette, as it’s unlike any other regular cords. Uniquely, the Cat 7 cable is outlined with a flexible, “flat-noodle” design. I love this specific type of cable outline as it essentially allows for easier cable management.
The product cable’s also capable of transmitting signals up to rates of 10 Gbps. It likewise can support a bandwidth rate of up to 600 MHz without any issues. I can attest to the reliability and speed of this cord, as I have this exact model installed for my home workspace.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- The shielding effectively prevents any signal disruption
- Flexible, flat-noodle silhouette allows for easier installation
- Cable’s capable of sending up to 10 Gbps at a rate of 600 MHz
- It was awkwardly packaged
2. Jadaol Shielded Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
Jadaol’s Cat 7 shielded ethernet cable is a high-quality piece of tech that can aptly get the job done, as per my experience as a network engineer. The product excels namely because of its superb speed, compatibility, and durability.
Gamers who need a fast and reliable cable benefit most from this cable. Essentially, the Cat 7 cord product can conduct a transference bandwidth rate of 600 MHz up to speeds of 10 Gbps. It can also support an entire local area network without slowing down.
The cable’s durably built with tough PVC jacketing and HDPE materials. Hence, the exterior of the cable is competently protected against unmitigated damage from the environment. I love how I can easily use this product almost everywhere without worrying.
Its interior material, meanwhile, is comprised of a high-quality and pure copper core conductor that can effectively transmit signals at fast rates. The bare conductor core is structurally intertwined further to strengthen the integrity of the product’s interior structure.
The connector type is an RJ45, ensuring that the cable’s compatible with a wide range of electronic devices. The connector tips are made with 50 microns of gold, ensuring the product’s excellent and unmitigated data transferring capability.
- Can carry signals at 600 MHz bandwidth rate
- The cable can conduct up to 10 Gbps of data transference speed
- PVC and HDPE materials protect the product from external damage
- High-quality copper conductors comprise the interior core of the cable
- The RJ45 connector tips are plated with 50 microns of gold
- The cable’s awkwardly spooled in the packaging
3. DanYee Nylon Braided 10ft High Speed Cat 7 Network Cable
Right off the bat, DanYee’s braided Cat 7 cable is better compared to its competitors. The features that come with the product are built to attend and provide a seamless networking experience specifically.
For instance, I liked how uniquely modeled the product’s exterior jacket is. Mainly, the outer jacket of the product is designed with a braided nylon surface, a conducive material that can be easily angled depending on where it would be installed.
Aside from that, the outer protective layer effectively protects the signals being transmitted from exterior interference that may hamper the cable’s reliability. I’ve rigorously tested this product, and I can confidently say that this is a top product given this feature.
As with other cables, this network cord is also universally compatible. I had used this product on multiple devices, and I have to say, I didn’t encounter any issues whatsoever during the cable’s use.
In terms of performance, the cable can conduct up to 10 Gbps of transmission speed, supporting up to 600 MHz of signal rate. Hence, you can reliably connect this product to any systems, whether local or wide area networks and get the most out of this cable.
- The nylon braided exterior protects against dust, damage
- The cable can easily be angled
- Extra layers prevent interference for a smooth signal transmission
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- Conduct connection speeds up to 10 Gbps at a rate of 600 MHz
- The connector seems to disconnect on its own
4. VANDESAIL CAT7 Network Cable
I stumbled upon this cable while looking for a new replacement for my old gaming console connection. And I have to say, this is a dependable network cord that can get the job done.
This Vandesail ethernet cable — Cat 7 comes with useful connection-conducting features. Namely, the filament core of the line is built with oxygen-free copper, ensuring the quality of signal transmission. The connector, meanwhile, is made with gold-plated RJ 45 tips, which assures a quality latch attachment to other devices.
Additionally, I primarily took notice of the product’s compatibility with other devices. Not only is this Cat 7 cord suited for almost every gadget, but it is also backward compatible with previous models of Cat cables.
In terms of exterior protection, the cable’s designed to withstand various external interferences. Remarkably, the durable outer shielding and interior aluminum-shielded twisted pairs prevent any signal leakage and disturbances that may affect its transmission.
- Various conducive features: oxygen-free copper cores and gold-plated RJ 45 tips
- The connector tips attach and latch on to connected gadgets
- universally compatible for almost every gadget
- backward compatible with previous-generation devices
- Jacketing offers high-quality security from any signal bleeding and interferences
- Important cable information isn’t printed on the exterior cord jacketing
5. AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat 7 High-Speed Ethernet Cable
My specific line of work exposes me to a lot of ethernet cables. Thus, out of all the wires that I’ve used in my previous projects, I can confidently say that AmazonBasics is among the trusty ethernet cords that I’ve used for my previous projects.
This ethernet cable can connect various devices with speeds up to 10 Gbps. The capability of this product to support connection rates fast ensures no hiccups in terms of product service. In the same realm, the Cat 7 cord also supports a bandwidth transmission rate of up to 600 MHz.
I noticed that the cable isn’t that much affected by intense electromagnetic interference in terms of shielding. However, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the cord is made with shielded twisted pairs that effectively protect it from undue signal intrusions. I like this shielding feature, as it’s a great deterrent against signal interference.
Surprisingly, the cable’s rated for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T, and 10GBASE-T usage. From its price standpoint, I didn’t expect this affordable ethernet cable to support the features outlined by the mentioned ethernet cord rations.
Compatibility is also among the cable’s strongest suits. It’s even capable of being backward compatible with older models of Cat cables. Aside from that, I noticed that the manufacturer provides an inclusive one-year warranty period for their sold products.
- Can establish local connections with fast data transfer rates
- Shielded twisted pairs protect the cable from signal interferences
- Rated to be 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T, and 10GBASE-T use
- Compatible with various devices, backward compatible with older generation models
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- The cable product doesn’t come with wall pins
6. MATEIN Cat7 Ethernet Cable
This flexible data transmission cable is an exquisite and excellent product that I’ve recently bought. MATEIN’s ethernet cable is a product that’s handy for every workspace and household. Whether it be for setting up local, wide, and regional connections, this cable has your back.
This fast-performing cable can deliver data transmissions at a rate of a whopping 10,000 Mbps, which roughly translates to around 10 Gbps. Likewise, the cord can also support high bandwidth rates up to 600 MHz. I love that I don’t have to suffer from slow and buffering internet speeds, thanks mainly due to this product.
Compatibility also isn’t an issue for this product. From my experience using this cable, I can attest that you can connect this to gaming consoles, desktops, laptops, modems, and even previous generation devices without encountering any issues whatsoever.
I appreciate that the cable is also easy to install. The flat-noodle design employed by the manufacturers aided me in running the line through tight spots without any problem. Aside from that, the product package also comes included with wall clips.
- Deliver fast data transmission rates without issues: a rate of 10,000 Mbps
- Support high bandwidth rates up to 600 MHz
- Universally compatible: RJ 45 connectors plugged into most modern device
- The flat noodle design of the cable makes its installation hassle-free
- Comes with free wall connector pins
- The cable’s connector heads plug a tad bit too tight
7. CableGeeker Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
Unlike the different Cat 7 cables available in the market, CableGeeker placed utmost attention on the quality of their shielding. Hence, I can attest that this is among the most shielded ethernet cord available in the market.
To explain, the cable product is reinforced with two pairs of shielded twisted pairs of copper filament cores. This material explicitly prevents any crosstalk and interference from halting the smooth transmission of signals.
Besides that, the cable’s also capable of supporting up to 10 Gbps of connection speed. In addition, the ethernet cord can also support up to 600 MHz of data transfer speeds. If anything else, this is a solid cable that can competently transfer over data hastily without any issues.
I also liked how the cable product offers several color options. Additionally, the cord’s designed with a flat-noodle silhouette. These combined features make it an appealing choice for shoppers who want an aesthetic yet practical cable for their homes.
- Comes with four copper core shielded twisted pairs
- 10 gigabytes of data can pass through the cable per second
- The cable can accommodate up to 600 MHz of data transfer rate
- Comes with several color options, including red, yellow, white, among others
- Designed with a flat-noodle silhouette
- The connector tab feels easy to break
8. DEFACE Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
The sleek aesthetic of this cable is what attracted me to try it out. Thankfully, DEFACE’s Cat 7 cord didn’t disappoint when it comes to durability, speed, and overall performance.
To explain, I like that the product’s intuitive, lowkey, and practical flat-noodle cable design allows it to be easily installed even in the tightest of places. For example, I tried to install this cable behind the crevice of my computer table, and I have to say, it was easy and hassle-free.
Another feature that piqued my attention was the numerous length options provided by the manufacturer. The product, in total, offers 12 distinct length options that its buyers can choose from. Ranging from 3 ft. up to 150 ft., you can bet that his cable has it.
The product is also proficiently designed to be as secured and interference-free as possible. Notably, the product’s interior core filament expanse is surrounded by premium aluminum foil to prevent any unauthorized signal from seeping through the cable. Likewise, the RJ 45 connector tips are reinforced with gold plating.
Additionally, this Cat 7 cable can be used for wide applications. To check, I tested this on my laptop, desktop, modems, and local servers. Fortunately, this Cat 7 cable product passed my rigorous trial — hence, my praises for this cord.
- Intuitive, lowkey, and practical flat-noodle cable design for easy installation
- The product offers multiple length options: from 3 ft. up to 150 ft.
- Aluminum foil encases the cable’s copper core, preventing interference
- Seamlessly used for a variety of devices
- The plastic connector tips feel a bit flimsy
9. BUSOHE CAT 7 Ethernet Cable
This hyper-performing Cat 7 ethernet cable is among my favorites ever. I enjoyed every single feature that this product offered. This cable has it all, literally.
For instance, this pure white Cat 7 cable can offer tremendously high-performance data transfer rates without hiccups. To be precise, the cable can transfer up to a maximum of 10 Gbps of data transference rate.
Likewise, it can also support up to 600 MHz of bandwidth rate. Hence, this cable is perfect for people seeking to set up data-sharing intensive local server networks.
The interior composition of the cable is made up of 32 AWG copper core filaments that are reinforced with screened and shielded twisted pairs. This specific build of cable shielding effectively prevents any crosstalk and signal interferences, whether it be electromagnetic or radio-frequency in nature.
I like how the cable is integrated to be compatible with a wide range of devices. Specifically, I seamlessly used this product to connect my printers, smart TVs, laptops, and desktops interchangeably. Because of this, I genuinely think that this is the best ethernet cable for 4k smart tv.
Most of all, I appreciate the great post-sales service of the manufacturer. The product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, should you find the Cat 7 cable displeasing to use. Additionally, it also comes with an 18-month warranty, should any complications arise from the cable product.
- A maximum of 10 Gbps of data transference rate.
- Support up to 600 MHz of bandwidth rate for
- 32 AWG copper core filaments against any signal interference
- Can be integrated into a wide variety of devices and gadgets
- Provides excellent post-sales services, refunds & warranty claims
- The advertised wall clippings weren’t included in my package
10. ShineKee Outdoor Cat 7 Ethernet Cable
This Cat 7 ethernet cable helped me when I was setting up my first local area network project. It was a challenging project made easier by ShineKee’s product cable. Hence, I can attest to the superb usability of this Cat 7 cord.
I liked how this product is certified for heavy-duty use. This cable is designed with a strong, pliable, flexible, yet durable PVC material easily angled. Meanwhile, the interior shielding is specially designed with screened and shielded twisted pairs, protecting the oxygen-free copper filament core from absorbing signal interferences.
It’s also widely compatible with other various gadgets. In my case, I used this cable to connect two distant servers to set up a local area network project. Now, whether it be for connecting desktops, modems, printers, and even server hubs, this cable can capably do it.
For its technical aspects, the cable can support up to 10 Gbps of transference rate at a maximum of 600 MHz. These ascribed details are fast enough for network usage that you won’t even experience any delays or buffers during the transmission.
Lastly, I loved how especially aesthetically pleasing this cable is. The design is lowkey and sleek enough that you can just plainly hide it in the corner of the walls without even anyone noticing it.
- Heavy-duty yet pliable and easy to manage
- Features twisted pairs, protecting the oxygen-free copper filament core
- Universally compatible with various gadgets
- Can support up to 10 Gbps and 600 MHz data transmission rates
- The cable looks good and sleek
- The product’s length doesn’t correspond to the advertised length offering
11. Ultra Clarity Cables Cat7 Ethernet Cable
You have my assurance that this cable is among the most dependable products available in the market, based on my short experience using it, namely, because the cable’s already tested for rigorous office network and home usage.
First off, I love how the product’s flawlessly designed to provide the best performance. Remarkably, the product design incorporated effective shielding mechanisms with four twisted copper wires that protect the transmission of signals from undue interference. Aside from that, this cable is also furnished with gold-plated RJ 45 connectors.
In my opinion, this is the best cat 7 ethernet cable for gaming available in the market. The reason being, that it offers a seamless and bufferless connection. For instance, the cable can support bandwidths up to 1000 MHz, with a data transference rate of up to 10 Gbps.
Compatibility isn’t also an issue for this product. The cable is calibrated to be compliant with the TIA/EIA 568-B.2, ETL, and RoHS cable standards. This essentially means that the cable is geared to be compatible with virtually every gadget.
- Four twisted copper filaments for interference protection
- Furnished with gold-plated RJ 45 connectors
- Support 10 Gbps of connection speeds at bandwidths up to 1000 MHz
- Is compliant with various noteworthy cable standards
- Compatible with TIA/EIA 568-B.2, ETL, and RoHS cable standards
- The cable’s stiff and difficult to angle in certain positions
What to Look for When Buying Cat 7 Ethernet Cables
To accordingly sort and rank the listed cable products here, I’ve made use of these short factors that are important to consider when buying Cat 7 ethernet cables. It’s essential to take note that the factors listed below are aspects that would dictate whether a cable is worth buying or not.
The length of the cable you’re about to buy should correspond to your specific use. However, from a professional perspective, you really don’t want to under or overestimate the length of cable you’re about to buy. Hence, I recommend that you first measure the distance between the devices you’re about to connect before heading off to buy your Cat 7 cable.
Aside from that, the length of an ethernet cord is also a determiner of signal transmission performance. As science dictates, the farther the signal has to travel, the more it’s dissipated. Thus, if you’re going to buy a long cable (above 20 m or so), then I recommend that you look for cables that come with signal boosters.
From my experience, I highly recommend that you get a Cat 7 ethernet cable that’s sleekly built. While bulky cables have the tendency to be more robust, I noticed that they’re more difficult to install. In particular, bulky cables are harder to angle and fit within tight spaces.
On the other hand, a more sleekly designed cable can easily run through crevices and tight spaces without any issues at all.
The cable’s shielding is yet another key factor that must be taken into consideration. The interior shielding of the cable protects the signals running through it from undue interference that may mess with its transmission.
Good shielding measures for cables include wrapping the filament core in aluminum foil and employing screened twisted pairs techniques. A neatly wrapped and shielded cable can prevent any sort of crosstalk or random signal interferences.
What is the Difference Between Cat 7 and Cat 8 Ethernet Cables
When it comes to cat 7 vs cat 8, various factors must first be outlined in order to highlight their differences. But for the sake of brevity, the only distinction that you need to know is that Cat 8 cables are faster in terms of data transmission in comparison to Cat 7 cords.
Is Cat 7 Ethernet Cable Good for Gaming
Yes! Cat 7 ethernet cables are perfect for gaming consoles. The speed that these cables can support is perfect for connection-intensive games that require fast internet transmission rates. Hence, I highly recommend Cat 7 cables for gamers who want to play without worrying about their internet speeds competitively. Also, you are looking for high-quality ethernet cables? Don’t forget to check out our list of top-rated cat 6 ethernet cables.
Do you Lose Internet Speed with a Longer Ethernet Cable
Sadly, yes. Internet speeds tend to drop off for cables that are around 20 m in length. This is the prime reason why I recommend to buyers that they either buy a shorter cable, as appropriate for their use, or buy a Cat 7 product that comes with signal boosters. Or in case your network speed is still not as expected. You can use a network cable tester like a professional to diagnose them
Ethernet cables come in a diverse set of pairs. Hence, it could be difficult for unassuming buyers to pick the right cable product for them. With this, I’ve decided to curate this list of best cat 7 ethernet cables that can be bought in nearly every hardware store.
As always, don’t forget to take into consideration the important cable factors that I’ve outlined in this article.
I am Edwin Jones, in charge of designing content for Galvinpower. I aspire to use my experiences in marketing to create reliable and necessary information to help our readers. It has been fun to work with Andrew and apply his incredible knowledge to our content.