If you’re looking for a cable that’s a notch above the typical performance, quality, and reliability of regular electrical cords, then you may want to check-out fiber optic cables.
An advanced type of cable, fiber optic cables utilizes light signals instead of electrical impulses to deliver information. Because of this specific feature, fiber optic cables often have a higher bandwidth rate and data transfer than regular copper cables. Likewise, optical fiber cables are much more reliable and safer in contrast to other wires.
To help you find the best fiber optic cables available in the market, I’ve reviewed twelve exceptional products that I’ve used in the past.
Table of Contents
- Best Fiber Optic Cable Reviews
- 1. AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 2. BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 3. KabelDirekt Optical Audio Cable
- 4. iVANKY Optical Audio Cable
- 5. Syncwire Fiber Optic Audio Cord
- 6. FosPower Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 7. CableCreation Digital Fiber Optical Cable
- 8. AmazonBasics Optical Audio Digital Connector
- 9. StarTech.com Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 10. Suplong Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 11. CableCreation Fiber Digital Optical
- 12. Cable Matters Toslink Cable
- What to Look for When Buying Fiber Optic Cables
- Are All Fiber Optic Cables the Same
- How Far Can Fiber Optic Signals Travel
Best Fiber Optic Cable Reviews
1. AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Cable
The digital optical audio cable by AmazonBasics is among the best there is in the market. I highly recommend this product to everyone looking for a dependable Toslink cable.
You can conveniently connect and use this cable to every device–from game devices, CD and Blu-Ray players, and even your audio and movie system. With multichannel audio support, this digital fiber optic cable is dependable as it can transmit signals clearly.
I like this optical-fiber cord as it’s built with tough and durable materials. It is made with PVC protective layer, gold-plated connectors resistant to corrosion, and inner signal tubings buffered for optimal transmission; you have my assurance that this product is made to be long-lasting.
If you’re not using the product, you can safely store this wire with removable cable protector tips. They will cover the delicate connector pin of the cord from outer hazards.
- Made by a reliable and well-renowned brand
- Can transmit audio signals without any problem
- Compatible with almost every device, from gaming systems up to TV sets
- Durable materials–PVC, gold-plated pins, and tough inner signal tubings
- Comes with a rubber protector for the cord tips
- No instruction regarding the removable rubber tip
2. BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Cable
This digital audio fiber optic cable by BlueRigger is an excellent product that is handy for every household, whether it be for soundbars, cable boxes, and projectors.
What I like about this product is its intuitive design, allowing for easy use. The product’s overall silhouette promotes easy installation; in detail, drag, point, and carefully insert it to device outputs. Then, you are good to go.
Additionally, the connector grip of the cord is elegantly designed. With a compact shell measuring 25 mm by 10 mm, you shouldn’t have any difficulty handling this cable. The neat outline of the connect itself allows it to fit snuggly to connector devices.
Best of all, compatibility isn’t an issue with this device. Rated for DTS, S/PDIF, and ADAT gadgets, this optic fiber cable can be used on virtually every device. The line is also capable of consistently delivering top-notch audio quality, regardless of the appliance that it’s connected with.
As it’s rated CL3, you can place this cable inside walls. With a fire-resistant PVC cord protector jacket, you need not worry about the safety of the product itself.
- A handy and reliable product for every household
- Intuitively designed to install this product easily
- Allows easily gripping the connector end of the cable without slippage
- Completely compatible with DTS, S/PDIF, and ADAT devices
- CL3-rated to safely store and install it inside walls
- The locking nubs of the cable can hamper the overall installation
3. KabelDirekt Optical Audio Cable
If you’re into video streaming, movie watching, or even just jamming to music in your home, then KabelDirekt’s fiber optic sound cable is a must-have product for you.
Built multi-channeled, this wondrous audio cord is compatible and consistently capable of transmitting high caliber audio output. Indeed, you can experience excellent audio quality by plugging this cord into your device–be it gaming consoles, televisions, and soundbars.
Likewise, it’s capable of producing surround and PCM sounds. And as previously stated, it’s compatible with various 5.1 to 7.1 audio surround systems.
Flexibility isn’t an issue with this device. Unlike other optic cable products that can only be partly bent, this device is made with a flexible PVC jacket, allowing for a broader range of motion. Moreover, the quality of the cable jacket makes the product last longer.
Lastly, the product’s connector tips are corrosion-resistant, owing to the overall connector’s 24k gold build. The gold plating makes it so that the quality of sound transmission remains consistent throughout its usage. If you often have problems with RFI and EMI interfering with your signal before, they can be resolved by this fiber-optic cable.
- Multi-channeled and able to transmit high audio quality consistently
- Has a wide range of device compatibility
- Can be connected with surround sound system set-ups
- Flexible, thanks to its PVC jacket protector
- 24k gold connector tip for clear and audible signal transmission
- Corrosion-free and durable
- Prevents RFI and EMI signal interuption
- The connector tip sometimes doesn’t fit snuggly
4. iVANKY Optical Audio Cable
Connect your sound devices seamlessly with this digital fiber optic audio cable. From home theatres, gaming rigs, and soundbars, feel an immersive sound experience with this versatile audio cord.
An ideal connecting device for sound gadgets, this optical audio cable can link 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound systems. Likewise, its broad compatibility ensures that it can be connected to even Dolby sound systems, LPCM, and DTS-HD devices.
Additionally, the cable’s also proficient and durable for long-term utilization. In detail, this product features braided nylon cables as its jacket protector instead of the regular PVC material. The cord’s unique jacket allows it to be resistant to high temperature, be safe from friction-induced damage, and corrosion from natural elements.
Due to the cable’s jacket protector, you can place this optic cord inside the walls. Certified to be CL3-compliant, this is a safe product that is capable of delivering high-quality signal propagation.
Other than that, its sleek and compact design makes the product ideal for use in small spaces. Compared to the brand’s old model, this one’s size is improved without compromising signal stability.
- Provides an immersive sound experience
- Compatible with 5.1 to 7.1 sound systems, Dolby, LPCM, and DTS-HD devices
- Durably built, with a unique nylon braiding jacket protector
- Heat-resistant and friction-resistant
- CL3-compliant for installing this cable inside walls
- Sleek and compact size for small spaces
- Product has difficulty in staying in place and requires a cord protector
5. Syncwire Fiber Optic Audio Cord
Are you tired of fumbling around with cheap audio fiber optic cables? If so, then this may be the product for you! Syncwire’s fiber optic digital audio cable is a high-definition cable that can optimally perform audio signal transmission between devices.
This optic cord model comes with an ergonomic design that appeals to even first-time owners. With its easy-to-grip connector tips, removable rubber tip protectors, using this product shouldn’t be a hassle. Furthermore, its durable buffer tubing and PVC construction will ensure long-lasting use.
The device also boasts synchronized and high-quality receivers capable of propagating audio signals to connected devices. As expected, the cable is made with gold-plated and corrosion-resistant connector tips. As a result, signals traveling within are assured to remain consistent throughout the cord.
Additionally, the device is compatible with a wide plethora of sound systems. From the well-known 5.1 and 7.1 sound set-ups, Dolby devices, PCM and LPCM, it is evident that such impressive compatibility can suffice various uses.
- Can consistently transmit audio signals between connected devices
- Built ergonomically, with an easy-to-grip design
- Durable PVC material and buffer tubing construction
- With receivers to propagate and signals without any interruption or alteration
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- It doesn’t feel “clicky” when connecting
6. FosPower Digital Optical Audio Cable
Coming with a high-quality fiber core and pure metal connectors, FosPower ensured that reliability wouldn’t be an issue with this fiber optic cord. If you’re looking forward to setting up your home sound system, then this cable is an ideal option.
I’ve had my fair share of experience with this optical cord. At nearly half the price of most available models, this piece amazes me with its compatibility and signal quality. Thus, I’m confidently recommending this to anyone looking for an affordable yet capable audio optic cable.
To substantiate, the cord itself is highly compatible with other devices. Whether it be a soundbar, your Blu-Ray player, or even your game console, you can only expect excellent seamless sound quality transmission from the product.
The product’s also made to resist corrosion and other fallible damage. In truth, the cord comes built with 24k gold for its connector tips, conductors, and ferrules. The gold-plated parts of the cable allow it to operate reliably and without any hiccups.
Additionally, the product’s made with an interesting jacket protector. Lined with a tough layer of intertwined nylon, this material protector minimizes internal optical damage incurred from accidental kinks.
- A low-priced yet quality optic cable
- Comes with stable fiber core and metal connectors
- Easily compatible with other devices
- Resists corrosion and further natural damage from usage
- Gold-plated instruments allow it to operate without trouble
- Made with durable nylon material
- The product’s connector tip sometimes gets loose on its own
7. CableCreation Digital Fiber Optical Cable
Right off the bat, I do have to say that Cable Creation’s fiber optic cable for networking is the best for routing your own home sound system.
Judging from the plain appearance of the product, you’d think that this fiber optic cable is yet another run-of-the-mill cord. However, upon closer inspection, that doesn’t seem to be the case after all.
Made with exquisite and prime materials: tough PVC protector jacket, gold-plated connector tips, and flexible rubber protector tips, this product is indeed more than meets the eye. The manufacturers ensured that the product adheres to the highest standard of signal transmission and audio quality.
The cable is also patently compatible with virtually almost every device. From 5.1 to 7.1 surround systems, Dolby gadgets, pre-amplifiers, and audio processors, this cable can accommodate it.
For your information, this package includes one 50-foot cable, enough for connecting with a large sound system. Plus, the brand offers two years of warranty in case of defects or any dissatisfaction in quality. Thus, I deem this is a risk-free purchase.
- Made with durable PVC insulation
- The gold-plated connector tips ensure high-quality audio signal transmission
- The product competently adheres to the standard of signal and audio quality
- Virtually compatible with every other device
- 50-foot cable with 2-year quality warranty
- Comes with a transparent connector tip protector, which may confuse first-timers
8. AmazonBasics Optical Audio Digital Connector
A reliable Toslink made by a reputable brand, AmazonBasics’ long optical cable is a great product that can aptly get the job done. Also, its affordable price and great reviews are among the reasons that convinced me to try the product in the first place. Luckily, the sound and material quality I experienced are both superior.
Built with seamless compatibility in mind, the cord can connect to various devices without any trouble. You can connect this product to complex 5.1 to d 7.1 sound systems or simple TV to speaker connections without hassle.
The product also guarantees excellent and continuous signal flow from the audio source to the speakers themselves. Quality itself won’t be an issue for this product, as the manufacturers themselves built the cable with high-quality materials, supported by rigorous quality assurance.
For instance, the connector pins are made to be corrosion-resistant. Now, this is because the pins themselves are made with 24k gold-platings. In addition to being resistant to corrosion, audio signals can also travel within the cord without difficulty, as the physical property of the metal assures unimpeded transmission.
The outer jacket of the cord is made with heavy-duty PVC material, which is also CL3-rated. So you can safely install this cable inside walls without any fear of catching fire.
- Can connect with almost every distinguishable audio device
- Evidently built with tremendous and commendable quality
- The connector pins are made to withstand corrosion and other usage damage
- CL3-rated, meaning it’s fire-resistant
- Long-lasting build
- Comes at an affordable price
- The connector pin’s housing unit is made of plastic
9. StarTech.com Digital Optical Audio Cable
This digital optical cable can tremendously help you in setting up your household sound system. It is made to deliver high-quality signals to and fro the source and output speakers.
This product is designed to be thin, light, and compact to fit even in the smallest enclosures. However, don’t let the diminutive size of the cable fool you. While it’s made to be as little as possible, its durability is the same as its other counterparts. With ultra-light PVC material, the toughness of the cable is guaranteed.
You can also expect the highest audio quality without apparent distortions nor any signal interference. This is because the optical fiber cables are designed so that the risk of signal breakage is mitigated. The manufacturers installed polished lenses throughout the entire length of the cord to facilitate further signal transmission.
Moreover, you can freely connect any of your devices to the product without any worries. Clearly, the product was made to be multi-compatible to various audio devices. So if you’re looking to stream from your TV, do so at the comfort of having clear and crispy audio quality.
- Made to deliver high-quality audio signals
- The compact size allows installation in the tightest spots
- Tough and ultra-light PVC construction
- The polished lenses prevent signal breakage and other distortions
- Multi-compatible to a variety of devices
- It feels cheap to hold and handle
10. Suplong Digital Optical Audio Cable
This plug-and-play cable by Suplong is a great product that can get the job done. The fiber optic cable provides an immersive audio experience and consistent signal quality throughout the transmission process.
As the product comes in two different length variations, consumers are given a chance to pick and select the best cord to fit into their household accordingly. With a 6 ft. and 10 ft. offering, you can choose the best option that suits your current TV and sound systems.
Moreover, what I like about this product is the top-notch materials used in constructing it. In detail, I appreciate its construction of a tarnish-free 24k gold-covered connector tip, quality fiber core, hazard-free PE insulator, PVC molded layer, and braided nylon jacket. Due to such features, it is evident that the cable’s manufacturers made this product with quality in mind.
Furthermore, you won’t run into compatibility problems with this product. You could use this product in several versatile ways, from set-top boxes, amplifiers, and audio mixers. And it will work fine without complicated setting-up.
- A direct plug and play cable
- The audio cable facilitates an immersive music experience
- Has two-length offerings: 6 feet and 10 feet
- High-quality materials: 24k gold-covered connector tip, fiber core, etc
- Compatibility is not an issue for this product
- Doesn’t make a “clicky” feel when connecting it
11. CableCreation Fiber Digital Optical
Whether it be from transmitting audio signals from gaming consoles, soundbars, Blu-Ray players, and even disk players, this fiber optic cable can do so at excellent quality.
I love that this product has a wide assortment of length options. Running from 3 ft., 6 ft., 10 ft., 15 ft., 25 ft., and 50 ft., this cable can suffice any sound system you have in store. The diverse length options allow consumers to buy the right cable reach without adventuring out for a customized one.
Aside from that, the fiber cable can also liberally be used in 5.1 to 7.1 sound systems. What more, it can also carry and read-over compressed audio signals to and fro the source and the sound speaker itself.
If in case you’re afraid of receiving a defective cable product, then don’t fret. The manufacturers assure its consumers a two-year product warranty. Additionally, a lifetime of customer service is also presented to those who buy their products.
Don’t even get me started on the durability of the product. Only the most rigid and top-notch quality materials are utilized to form this top-notch construction. The product can ensure a long service life with its gold-plated connector pins, a robust PVC jacket protector and insulator, and nifty dust covers.
- Ideal for gaming consoles, soundbars, Blu-Ray players, disk players, etc
- Has a wide range of cable lengths available, from 6 to 50 feet
- Can plug it into every audio device in 5.1 to 7.1 sound systems
- Has a 2-year product warranty
- Gold-plated connector pins, PVC jacket protector, insulator & nifty dust covers
- A little bit loose on the connection
12. Cable Matters Toslink Cable
I consider this Cable Matters Toslink Cable to be my favorite. Aesthetic and versatility-wise, this optical cable is capable of transmitting and sending audio signals without any hiccup. This one indeed looks sleak with its gold plating that prevents oxidation.
I like that the product is built with sterling materials. In the same vein, it is also engineered to near-perfection. Hence, you are guaranteed a robust system that maintains great quality over time.
For instance, the product comes with 24k gold-plated connectors, insulators that protect the inner cores, polished lenses that enable seamless transmission, and a nylon braid jacket protector. Clearly, the manufacturers put much effort into creating a superb-quality product for professional use.
It is also engineered to be compatible with almost every audio device. From TV set-ups, computer sound systems, 5.1 and 7.1 surround systems, Dolby devices, what you pay is truly what you get for this cable.
Also, the manufacturers assured that any interference, be it electromagnetic or radio in nature, won’t have the slightest effect on the product’s performance.
- An aesthetic gold-plating device
- Superb construction: polished lenses, nylon braid jacket protector, etc
- Clean and polishes lenses allow for seamless signal transmission
- Engineered for clear-cut compatibility with other devices
- Interference isn’t a problem for this cord
- The cable product is pretty thick, not ideal for tight spaces
What to Look for When Buying Fiber Optic Cables
Several factors should be first taken into consideration when buying a fiber optic cable. I’ve listed some of the most important factors that should be assessed before buying your optical-fiber cord.
Cables that are above 10 meters in length should be avoided. This is because optic cables longer this length often face transmission reliability issues.
If, for instance, you’re looking for some cables longer than 10 meters, then look for one that has a built-in signal booster.
While width itself doesn’t affect fiber optic cables’ performance, thicker cords often offer better durability, ensuring a long usage lifespan.
The best fiber optic cable is one that’s compatible with every other device, be it 5.1 to 7.1 surround system, DTS, S/PDIF, or ADAT devices; the product device that you’re looking for must fit the bill.
The fiber optic cord that you’ll but must be a worthwhile investment. Thus, it would be best if you warily considered the build of the product that you’re thinking of buying. I recommend that you get a product that’s made with top-notch materials.
If you need more information about cord management, we have a list of the most affordable cable raceways for your reference. Also, check top-rated MIDI cable for right choice.
Are All Fiber Optic Cables the Same
While all fiber optic cables operate on the same premise–transmitting light signals-they often differ in size. The two types of fiber optic cable are the regular Toslink and mini Toslink, with smaller and much more compact than the former.
How Far Can Fiber Optic Signals Travel
In theory, fiber optic signals can travel extensively. As long as signal repeaters can amplify optic signals, the distance it can travel is boundless.
However, on the more practical side, fiber optic signals experience reliability issues if a cable’s length exceeds five meters. Thus, if you’re going to buy a longer fiber optic cable, it is recommended that you get a line with signal boosters.
Buying the right fiber optic cable can be a complicated and arduous task. However, purchasing a suitable cable can save you from heaps of headaches and trouble. Thus, I hope this article can help you select the best fiber optic cable for your household.
For the most part, do remember that choosing the proper optic cable needs adequate consideration of various factors–which is outlined in this article.
I am Edwin Jones, in charge of designing content for Galvinpower. I aspire to use my experiences in marketing to create reliable and necessary information to help our readers. It has been fun to work with Andrew and apply his incredible knowledge to our content.